I wasn’t paying attention was the first thing that came to my mind when I started this assignment. First I had the knowledge of the environmental threats that the world is suffering but my main concern is, what I’m doing about it? NOTHING was the only thing I could think. The worst thing is that I realized that my family, workmates and neighbors are sharing the same ignorance that I decided to live in.
First in my house am I saving water, recycling. Second the company that I work for, the only one that seems to matter is Ariel, he is the one with 3 boxes under his desk there he recycles paper, newspaper and plastic bottles. Besides him and some others that help him, nobody looks towards the green side.
My first intention is to start in my house with small initiatives like putting a bottle filled up with sand in every toilette of my apartment, recycle cans, plastic bottles, paper. At work I’ll start helping Ariel with his recycling efforts and encourage him to talk to the management and spreading more recycling recipients through the office. A great idea can be to create a working eco-friendly committee to help the management to create a set of initiatives as goals to start taking the company to the green path.
After this catharsis I should say that I also learn some things too. I didn’t hear before about natural capitalism and triple bottom line. Now I know and I cannot look aside.
Monika,It is great that you are thinking about ways you can personally make small changes but also how you can encourage others. The creation of an eco-friendly committee is a great idea! What steps do you think you would need to take to make this happen?
ReplyDeleteThe first steps are to submit the idea of the committee to the Management Team, with the main ideas of what is the purpose of the committee. Along with a set of goals explaining the planning to achieve them and benefits that the company and community will get.
ReplyDelete